I’ve started to play a word game with a few friends (Premature Competition)
The object of the game is to insert creative 2-word phases into any conversation. (Premature Interjection)
Each phrase must begin with the word “Premature” followed by a second word ending in “tion” or “sion” (Premature Formulation)
The Rules (Premature Regulation)
The 2nd word of each phrase must be:
- A real word. Anything other than the clichéd “ejaculation” (Premature Definition)
- Directly related to the preceding statement made in the conversation (Premature Expression)
The 2nd word of the phrase should be:
- Stated without delay (Premature Hesitation)
- Not used recently (Premature Repetition)
Extra credit is given for words that:
- Are as creative as possible (Premature Imagination)
- Are as esoteric as possible (Premature Obfuscation)
- Have never been used between the players before (Premature Invention)
It’s not as hard as it seems (Premature Complication). It’s more fun than it sounds (Premature Objection), especially when you’re drinking (Premature Intoxication). Once you get the hang of it (Premature Acquisition), I think that you’ll enjoy it (Premature Speculation). You decide (Premature Existentialism). Don’t delay (Premature Procrastination).
So, what do you think (Premature Interrogation)? Do I have too much time on my hands (Premature Occupation)?